Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snow Day!

Snow Days are going to cause our kids to be in school thru the summer if they keep going like this!  My kids were bored by 10:00am yesterday so we had to drag out the Spin-Art machine...THAT was fun...lasted about 10 minutes and I vowed to seriously think about throwing it out!  Now, today, I'm thinking the kids should take it outside in the snow and let it rip with the paint flying into the snow!  Later in the day, after searching ALOT of recipes to find the same exact one I had made the week before, I came across my Duncan Hines crinkle cookie recipe!  I was in Heaven!  Probly the only thing I have baked that my kids loved!  So, I whipped a batch up for small group and had it done in 15 min!  Such a fast recipe:  1 duncan hines fudgy chewy brownie mix and 2 eggs, 1/3 cup oil, and 1 cup semi sweet choc chips!  That's it!  Bake at 350 for 11 min. and woo-hoo! cookies!  plop em in a plate of powdered sugar and yum yum yum!

The kids went out side this morning to play and dig igloos!  But first-they had to work together and scrape off the sidewalk..the expressions on their faces were not very exciting but they worked together and got it done in no time! lol

Tanner came over to say HI and I just LOVE his visits!  He didn't stay long but enough time for me to smother him!

Superman played raquetball for the first time in ..like 15 years a couple of days ago and was out scooping snow yesterday!  He's not too sore ...yet! lol  So glad that he has a sport that he can go let off some steam with now!  Yay!

Ok, we have been fortunate enough to continue the Karate with Grace and Mateo right now and just take it month to month.  I know that Karate is so important to them and we will continue as long as we can. 
Our family life has sure hit some bumps in the last couple of years and we try to deal with them as they come.
Some days you feel like your life is crumbling and others can make you feel like you've just started a great new chapter.  I never looked back much to see the plan that God was laying out for my life but now I can see that everything that I faced, whether crazy, good, bad, sad or even evil - was another door that led me to a closer walk with God.  Every door made me want more, search harder and love deeper.  What God has put in my heart...that DESIRE to keep searching for more...is my so called skeleton key.  The key that will open every door that he puts me in front of and I am starting to look forward to the doors now, with a little less fear and alittle more hope and excitement.

No comments:

Post a Comment