Wow! Thursday was not only beautiful outside- 72degrees! in January! But I ended up getting some really good time spent with a fabulous friend! Who knew when I was dreading taking some clothes back to exchange for something (LARGER!), that I would get to have some "smack the attitude around, hose it down and hang it on a fence" time! I love my Misti and there's no one else who can smack me back into shape like her! THANK GOD! Everyone should have ONE! There's always something great that happens in your life when you get to be REAL & DIRTY about your life with someone who will just tell you what you need to hear. And not too often is it what you want to hear...lol. God sure knows how to give it to me and it's never with a drink in my hand.
As I'm complaining about why these clothes don't make me look skinny (which is such a joke -why would I think anything would make me look skinny if I'm NOT! lol) she finally looks at me and says "oh crap! because your old! and it's not getting any better! And shut up and enjoy it now! And, ...don't they make a damn girdle for that???...LOVE HER! laughed until I bout pee'd my pants..which is going to be another problem soon.. It is what it is! LOL! Now, if superman had told me that...not sure how good that would have gone over! But with my Misti- It was just what I needed! She has a way with me where she can be 10 feet away and tell me I'm being stupid and get over it and I feel her arms around me holding me as she says it.
The same way God does it...He's always holding us when he scolds us or shows us something we don't want to see. You just have to stop for a minute and FEEL Him holding you. Then you see what's being shown to you in a softer way. Not so harsh as to run you off, but solid enough to make you look straight at it.
Friends are really the IT factor.. They're your mirror so you can see the lovely AND the ugly. Maybe it's just for a season. Maybe a lifetime. Either way...Yum... :)
No comments:
Post a Comment